The Men’s Services Coordinator assists Center Directors in the day-to-day operations of the pregnancy medical centers (First Care Women’s Health) of Life First through the integration of male client advocates. The Men’s Services Coordinator develops, coordinates and implements programs to integrate male client advocates into service as lay counselors for First Care Women’s Heath (First Care’s). The Men’s Services Coordinator also provides lay counseling to male clients and connects these fathers to additional community resources.
This is a two-day a week job. Men’s Services Coordinator will typically work one day each week in Manassas and one day in Woodbridge. Must be flexible and have reliable transportation if called to the other center for an appointment.
Reporting and Supervision
The Men’s Services Coordinator reports to the Manassas Center Director. In the absence of the Manassas Center Director, he will get guidance from the Woodbridge Center Director.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Commitment to Biblical standards of personal conduct, including sexual purity.
- Sincere desire to reach others with the love of Jesus Christ and the Gospel message.
- Faithful attendance at and participation in a local church and personal growth through devotions and Bible study.
- Personal pro-life stand that affirms the necessity of protecting all human life from the moment of conception, even in the hard cases.
- Agreement with and commitment to abide by the Core Documents of Life First.
- Spiritual and emotional maturity resulting in the ability to work well with and relate to a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships with the Board of Directors, other staff and volunteers that foster communication and teamwork.
- Commitment to the Biblical standards of conflict resolution, including the ability to accept criticism and to offer rebuke with a spirit of humility.
- Adherence to Life First’s Policies and Procedures, including confidentiality.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Knowledge of Scripture, especially pertaining to the sanctity of human life, salvation and forgiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to present Gospel and provide Scriptural-based counsel to clients.
- Qualities of spiritual leadership, discipleship, and ability to encourage other staff and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, organizational and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem-solving, planning, and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated maturity, stability and initiative resulting in the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a high standard working environment that glorifies God.
- Successful completion of application and training process including background check, Client Advocate Training, observations, and Abortion Recovery Care, if applicable.
- Provide an impeccable level of care for each client in meeting with him.
- Provide documentation of each client visit in client’s paper and online file.
- Participate in daily prayer with staff and volunteers. Lift specific clients to the Lord, including with other team members, throughout the day.
- Assist Center Director in providing support and direction to male volunteers.
- Assist Center Director in evaluating effectiveness of client services.
- Encourage happy clients to provide reviews.
- Function as part of a team with established policies and procedures.
- Alert Center Director of any major issues with clients, such as potential fake clients.
- Oversees Male Client Advocates volunteers.
- Inform Center Director of client or volunteer needs and concerns.
- Assist in reviewing client files and Client Advocate notes, in coordination with the Center Director, to ensure accurate documentation of client visits.
- Work with Center Directors to ensure that the physical needs of the center are met, including male client services materials and supplies.
- Part of the team responsible for overall tidiness, cleanliness and professionalism of the Center.
- Prepare an annual budget for men’s services.
- Interact with other pregnancy centers with men’s programs for ongoing learning and best practices.
- Monitor and report on men’s ministry statistics and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct observations for and by Male Client Advocate interviews to qualify them for independently meeting with clients.
Public Relations, Marketing and Recruiting
- Participate in annual fundraising events.
- Assist in staffing occasional client-focused community events.
- Establish contact with male client advocate candidates, check references and perform initial interviews.
- Arrange for final volunteer interviews with Manassas center director.
- Willingness to share about the ministry in large and small church groups.
- Participate in Volunteer In-service and all other trainings as required
- Assist in conducting volunteer training as necessary.
The Men’s Center Coordinator will receive a written and oral evaluation by the Center Director at least once each year.